Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Run For Your Life


'A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.' - Confucius

My friend at work bought me a Nike+ adapter for my birthday from SwitchEasy. I had intentions of buying a Nike+ but hadn't gotten around to it. He recently bought one and you know me...monkey see monkey do. With my book money I decided to pay for my WW membership, some running shoes & a Nike+.

I am amazed at what this lil thing does. It tracks your workouts, talks to you and when you upload it to your iTunes the info is transmitted to Nike.com. I am amazed at what technology is available nowadays.

I took my first steps of my amazing journey this week. i re-joined WW and today used my Nike+ for the 1st time. It says I walked 1 mile but I walked practically an additional mile just calibrating the darn thing. Gee, I hope I did it right...the calibration, not walking. LOL

J set up a Nike challenge with me and some of his friends from around the country. If interested, you are more than welcome to join. Just send me a note and I will send you, or J will send you an invite. It starts Mach 1. It isn't a true chanllenge, just peeps offering moral support via this amazing tool. All you need is a Nike+, running shoes and the desire to find a new and healthier You.

The SwitchEasy adapter is your answer to not having or buying the Nike+ running shoes. :D Thanks J!!!

Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! It's me Becka...That is so kewl, I saw this device on "NCIS" the other day, I want it! Have fun with it sweetie.
OBTW
I got your package! OMG, it's fabulous. Your are so kind my dear sweet friend. Maybe one day we shall do another fun swap. I can't believe all you sent to me I am still in shock. I will blog about it soon. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
*hugs* 4 U

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home